Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I hate the new blogger interface

Google decided to change the blogger UI. They forced the change over the summer.

I didn't like it.

However, they had a button for "revert to legacy." It was annoying that they added a click and a pause to load the old UI I like, but I lived with it.

Well, the revert button disappeared. It's "New UI or bust."

I get it. Blogger is free. Google wanted to update and it's theirs.

But I miss the old UI. I used to be able to click on a certain page to look at old posts rather than scroll....wait for it to load.....scroll some more.....wait some more.....wait for it... 

It used to be if I clicked on a picture I could choose a size. Now I have to click on the picture, a button to select "change size" and then I can click on a size. An extra click isn't a big deal, but it's annoying when it used to be streamlined. Yes, they added the corners so I could stretch images if I wanted, but I don't. 

There are other things like the loss of the ability to directly edit the HTML, set a date for a draft without publishing, and an extra click here and there, but I'll spare you the litany of grief. Without the "revert" button, Google has taken the stance of "People will eventually stop complaining."

And they're not wrong. I've got years of material posted. I'm not planning on going anywhere.

But I can still be annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment