Sunday, September 20, 2020

Perspective Shift

While I've never been really interested in photography, I have always been interested in goofing off. Especially in new and creative ways.

And I'd like to pass some of that on to my son.

Landie visited Saturday night and broke Shane's heart. Her mom gave her a phone to keep her calm while she treated Magic's foot right before Shane ran out to the barn. "Let's play!" Shane said, but all Landie wanted to do was watch her toons.

Shane ended up back in the house doing the mope walk. He dragged his feet, frowned, moaned, and broadcast his misery so that the blind, deaf, or even dead would notice.

"Want to play with some perspective photos?" I asked.

"What's that?" Shane asked.

So I showed him. I had some old pictures 'lying around.'


These pictures of Travis and I fooling around at Cooley's are prior to any of us owning smartphones!


And I had some fun at work 13 years ago with a digital camera there. See my buddy, Mike? I loved that kid.


It wasn't a unit, but we did an activity once.


Fernando was more stoic (another great kid).


Shane was game!


He had a harder time when I gave him the camera. I posed for what felt like 5 minutes and he only took one picture! 


I guess he's a perfectionist. My strategy is to start taking a bunch and see what the best of the lot are


Which was necessary, because Shane had trouble standing still! 


He was constantly readjusting.


It kept us busy for 15 minutes and took his mind off Landie's "rejection."


If Shane remembers we did it we an always look up some tips and tricks and try to get a little fancier.

No comments:

Post a Comment