Friday, September 11, 2020

Social for Shane = Work for Me!

Virtual school isn't very social. However, Landie came by one night. Ellie was showing Magic to a potential leaser and Carrie wants to see how anyone who might hang around rides. 

That left me to babysit.

My babysitting was largely being tolerant of lots and lots of noise. I occasionally intervened with a question or idea, but Shane took most of the lead in coming up with activities.


He's really good with kids. Just loud. Really loud.


I mind the noise now much more than when I was younger, but kids gotta be kids! I couldn't throw them outside, because that's where the horse action was!


The baby watermelon from our garden was the only casualty. Landie picked it up and dropped it. It was during a non-wild moment, so there wasn't much to say other than "Be more careful next time."


It'd be nice if more horse people with kids started to frequent the barn. I think the woman who rode Magic, Anne, has a six year old from what I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment