Sunday, September 6, 2020

Visitors from PA!

School started Tuesday. There was a ton to do, and Henry's family was out of town.

It didn't look like there was much chance of anything social, but the social came to us! 

Grandpa's brother, Mike, and his wife, Janet, stayed at their house over the weekend to visit Kim and Ryan (Twas Kim's bday on Saturday! Happy bday!) Instead of driving directly home, they detoured past our farm. 


I'm not the only photographer in the extended family.


Uncle Mike took photos of everything. I took photos of him taking photos, so that some Mike & Mike inception for you.


Shane showed off a dead Hercules beetle and blew some minds (I found it weeding the arena).


"Is that really real?" Uncle Mike asked. "You're not pulling one on me? The only time I've seen one that size it had a crank and was made of plastic!"


I wish I could remember exactly the way he said it. He kept shaking his head and muttering, "That's the biggest bug I've ever seen."

Carrie was happy to introduce all the animals to everyone.


Grandma was happy to guide the tour of the barn and property!


Shane was happy to talk while everyone else was talking. He treated that beetle as newly discovered gold. 


We ended the visit resting on the porch.


It wasn't as bad as July, but everyone tried to stay under the awning's shade! I took Loki inside to cool down after a while.


Shane wasn't shy about hugs when it was time to go. I was a little surprised when he got them, too! We'd been playing it COVID-cautious for Uncle Mike's and Aunt Janet's comfort level.


We gave Uncle Mike and Aunt Janet one piece of advice for their trip home: "Stop at Moo Thru."

I know they listened, because they posted a picture of it when they got home!


No comments:

Post a Comment