Friday, February 5, 2021

A Vaccine? For Me?

Wednesday, I got a call from the front office. "What's your vaccination status?"

I wrote back, "Nothing's available."

Thursday, the superintendent recommended we move towards more students coming to school.

That same night I got an email: "You have a vaccination appointment Friday." 

I thought it was a good looking phishing attempt until I got an email from central saying they'd found an appointment for me.

I guess they really want me in the building. I was a little concerned about how they "found" a vaccine for me. Was it off the back of truck? Maybe someone found a spare crate in a closet? Or had it fallen on the ground?

So Friday I found myself at a vaccination site. A soldier in an air force uniform took my temperature and sent me ahead to the big tent.


No pictures were allowed. It was well run. It seemed overstaffed rather than under. I walked up to one table, which sent me to another table, which sent me to a person who took me to a nurse to get my shot, who called over a person to walk me to the next room where another person watched everyone for 15 minutes before someone else told me I could go.


I arrived around 1:27 PM, had my shot by 1:40 PM, and walked out the back of the tent by 1:57 PM. 

I got my vaccine before my coworkers who followed directions and rushed to make appointments. Scott's appointment is next week and my department chair's isn't until the 20th! 

I picked up horse feed on the the way back (TC Gold balancer) and dropped by Pearl Island to celebrate.


Marcell sang their praises so often I wanted to try their jerk chicken myself. The shot was a convenient excuse!


I have no major symptoms to report. Friday night I felt like I was the slightest bit off and had a little 'medicine head.' It didn't stop me from doing barn chores. The next day, my shoulder felt like I'd had a work out. It was a little tight and ached, but I stopped noticing once I went about my day. 

By Saturday night, I wasn't noticing anything.

I can only hope the 2nd dose goes as well. That's the one that's supposed to knock you off your feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment