Tuesday, February 2, 2021

SC-bound Shane

Why weren't there any pictures of Shane in the snow? He was in SC! We drove down Saturday to make the handoff. The boarders handled all the chores since they knew they wouldn't make it out on Sunday.

That left Shane and I free to meet Nana and Pop at CFA (Even if it was the 'wrong' one!).


Shane talked about it all week. He dreams about moving to SC. He squealed when he spotted Nana and Pop's van and would've run across the parking lot if I hadn't told him to siddown! 


Nana and Pop were gracious enough to feed us. We ate and chatted for over half an hour (Well, Shane immediately asked for Nana's tablet. She refused to hand it over until he scarfed down all his chicken nuggets!).


I coughed once and Nana rolled down a window. Such is life in a pandemic. I can now empathize with germaphobes in a way I never thought I would.


Shane had permission to pack up the Switch and his tablet. "If you want it," I said, "Then you pack it. It's your responsibility." If he packed it and brought it, great! If he forgot it or a vital piece, fine! Shane would learn about responsibility either from having fun with the Switch or the sting of forgetting it. 

Forgetting it could also lead to a bonus lesson of "Be grateful for what you do have!"

I found Shane's tablet in the back of my car as Pop drove away. Shane had left it behind in his excitement.

Guess what I found when I got back to the house?


Maybe I should play it some while there's no competition. It's too bad I can't easily borrow Breath of the Wild from Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment