Thursday, February 25, 2021

Moving Around More

I caught Carrie crutching down to the barn Tuesday. I was in class and she was halfway there by the time I noticed her out the window. It was a beautiful day, so I sent Shane down in case she needed anything.


I came down to check in after class ended. 


Honestly, it was a good excuse to get Carrie and Shane outside. Neither one gets much sunlight lately!


Carrie's supposed to take it easier, but she's not on strict couch rest anymore. Her first PT appointment would have been Monday, but it was moved to Friday when we went to the ER instead. 

I caught more pictures of Carrie in the wild Thursday. Heidi caught her, too, and ended up in one of the pictures!


That was the day we put Lilly and Maddy out with Abby. Carrie wanted to see how the integration went. I'll do a barn update post later that includes that story.


For now, I wanted to show off some Carrie approved pictures! Abby kept yawning and Carrie was nice enough to start yawning with her.


I'll show my students some of the pictures next week to update them on her health. I used the ER visit to say, "My wife went to the hospital Monday and I am thankful.


I meant it, too. The worst didn't happen and the bumps on the road are great reminders to appreciate what you have while you have it. They add a poignancy to life. It was a good opportunity to be vulnerable and hopefully model an attitude of gratitude.

I, also, showed my 2nd and 4th block the screenshot with Shane in a mask, because it was funny. Everyone needs a laugh every now and then! Especially after being serious. I showed some pictures and gifs of Loki's love for the treadmill, because who wouldn't want to see that?

No comments:

Post a Comment