Thursday, June 29, 2017

Work Day

I worked. Carrie worked. Shane watched a lot of TV.

I spent the entire morning on email and working on a couple of IEPs. I went into work for a meeting, but the student had a near death experience the day (or days?) before. I got to hear about all the trouble some of the kids were getting into afterward.

Summer paperwork is no fun. It's not the clean break at the end of a year I like.

I spent Thursday in a funk, but a productive funk. I'll feel better when I get the paperwork and meetings all done (before the deadline) and I get a thumbs up the papers look better than before.

I'd hoped Carrie would have spent more time with Shane during the day, but she was just as busy. Travel agent works hits in bursts and anytime and anywhere.

Shane was thrilled he got to sit in an electronic trance. He watched Pokemon, My Little Ponies, the original Transformers, and only he could tell you what else.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we are so happy to read a blog from you again. Stu had to work all day last Thursday, too. IEP's are the lot of a special ed teacher. He didn't have any parents upset at them last week, so that's good. Evelyn will probably have her own IEP in a few years. She's really trying hard to learn to talk and making some progress, so we're happy about that. We're excited that we'll get to see you and Carrie and have "Nana-Pop Camp" with Shane later this month!

    ReplyDelete