Monday, June 4, 2018

When It Rains It Leaks

Water keeps finding it's way into my car.


It won't stop raining and the problem has only gotten worse.


The shop has charged me $20 twice to clean out sunroof drains and it's not the issue. It seemed to get a lot better after the first 'fix.' I was annoyed they charged with the second when it started up again. Carrie sealed down the strip with caulk at the bottom and we hoped that would help.

It didn't.

This time, however, I could feel and see the water coming in from the windshield line. It dripped directly onto the seat. When pressed, the top of the passenger side of the windshield started to come up and away from the car! It wasn't much, but it was enough you could see out or into the car.


Thankfully, someone at work had someone come by on Friday to look at their windshield. I asked for a quote while they were around. My windshield was original to the car (2010 model) and definitely coming unglued. The guy warned me that with time and on the interstate air would make the windshield vibrate and work itself loose. Possibly all the way. We weren't at that point yet, but I decided not to drive down to Grandma and Grandpa's to be on the safe side.

The windshield guys came back on Monday with a new one for me.


He showed me after the fact wear all the glue was missing. There were only a couple of spots near the driver side left at the top. The window cracked on the way out, but they managed to remove it without getting shards inside the car (the lack of glue probably really helped with that).


That should fix the water problem, at least. The Volvo is ready for summer travel.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds so dangerous! I am so thankful you got it fixed. God was with you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete