Sunday, June 10, 2018

NOVA Day 2 - Summer 2018

Shane slept well. He also twirled in circles, put his feet on my back, and cocooned himself in the blanket. I didn't dare move or pull over the covers all night, because I didn't want him to wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at five in the morning.

Still cheaper than a hotel. I'll bring my own blanket next time.

Shane and I went on a Pokemon-Coffee walk. He caught Pokemon. I caught coffee.


Nana and Pop had been watching B for Megan all week. There was a "basketball bouncing" incident that sent the noise, super-sensitive woman living below Jama on a complaint spree.

The name of the game was "Keep Shane quiet."


He hears "Ninja feet!" at home a lot. He didn't do too badly. Here, I was taking pictures of the Pokemon button John made for him to keep him busy.


We all went to the 9:30 AM service.


Then it was the traditional Dairy Queen lunch. Shane half-offended, half-amused Nana when he tried to look around her to see the TV.


I texted John to meet at Silverbrook Elementary down the street. I was disappointed with what I saw from the parking lot. "Either they have the dinkiest school playground in Northern Virginia or there's a bigger one around the building."


There was a bigger one.


There were even a pair of kids on it for the beginning. They left within 15 minutes of us showing up to play.


John and I played some Magic to pass the time. Shane joined John's team. He cheered when John pulled off a massive upset one game.


Shane really wants to know how to play. I'm not teaching him anytime soon, though.


We parked at a Starbucks afterward. Shane hopped on my phone and John and I played and talked. I'll give Magic this: It's really easy to pull out a deck and have a quick game while talking. John dominated our early games, but he hit a super unlucky streak today.

Shane and I left around 4 PM. Shane snoozed and I used an ear bud to chat on the phone hands-free most of the way home. I tried to call Carrie. However, she'd decided to treat herself out to the Han Solo movie to fill time while we were out! It was summer for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment