Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Vague Recollection

I think Carrie went to visit Nibs today....but I don't fully remember.

The pictures show that I took Shane to TKD.


His form is lackluster. His trail hand isn't on his hip at all.


It was a testing day for some of the students. We've missed a bunch of days with the cruise, but I feel like Shane should have tested himself. He should have a stripe by now.


Parenting tip: Don't help if it's something they can do and will goof off if they get done early. I helped tie the back pads, but Shane did most of the work (His missing mouthpiece was stuck to his helmet the other week! Hilarious!).


Skillwise, I wonder how I compared at this age.


I managed to arrange a play date with Sam for the afternoon.


The boys talked Pokemon cards almost the entire time. They wanted to trade. I normally don't let Shane do so, but gave it the go ahead as long as they showed me what they were up to (I wanted to make sure it was fair for both).


I let them watch a little Pokemon near the end.


Shane cooked chicken nuggets for both of them (and wasted a giant bowl of ketchup - Sam's not a ketchup fan).


I was in the weird/happy spot of listening in and not knowing what to do with myself. I like to listen in to the kids having fun and I feel accomplished when I arrange something, but I also don't want to butt in or micromanage so I stay around the corner. I think I started to play some Hearthstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment