Monday, April 22, 2019

It's Pretty Out

Soccer practice mainly consists of the kids running around and doing whatever for half the time and then scrimmaging the other half.


Shane's flirted with standing in the goal some. He really needs to work on his punt, though. He tries to drop and kick the ball while yelling "Look out!" at every chance, but it never goes as far as he advertises.


All the boys are hands on. Shane tackled Sam here and wouldn't get off of him until I eventually walked over (It was the end of practice, at least).


The fun continued when we got home. Raheem was out. I was keeping an eye on the kids from inside.


They switched to baseball after a bit.


As much as I love the kids getting time to play and work things out on their own, it can be fun to join in sometimes! Carrie went out and hopped in!


That gave me permission to join, too!


Everyone played baseball! It went really well except for when Carrie skidded out on her way to first base. She landed on her butt and was lying flat on her back laughing when I checked on her. Once I realize she was okay, I snapped a quick picture for posterity (though, I'm not posting it here until her dignity heals).

What I find ironic through all this? Shane didn't want to do baseball this spring, but he wants to play baseball more than any other sport when he's at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment