Monday, April 8, 2019

Back to the Grind

Looked out the car window and saw $5 in the grass.


That doesn't happen every day. I said a prayer that it would blow to someone who needed a pick me up and traffic started to flow shortly thereafter.

It was definitely a Monday. The kids at work must have missed us, because they were high energy.

Shane had soccer afterward. We missed two games and a practice due to the cruise. This whole season has been wonky. We've missed multiple games, practices, and there's never more than 6 kids present at anything.


The coach is a nice guy and has some good technical tips, but he's very passive. I walked out onto the field the last couple of practices and started supporting the best I could without saying much. I want to help, but not undermine or talk over him. I try to stand on the opposite side of the field and retrieve/corral the ball so that time isn't lost, clear balls from out of the net, etc. I told him I'd do whatever, but he doesn't say much to me either.


Hopefully, it'll be a good learning experience for him. The kids are happy being around each other, so it's fun for them regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment