Thursday, April 4, 2019

Cruising 2019: The Return Trip

Days at port are the best days for doing activities on the ship. There are no lines.

There were no more days at port left and we still wanted to do bumper cars, so we had to face the queue. Spirits were high and it was good patience training for Shane!


I passed my camera to Pop and joined in.


I figured I would be the target.


Carrie rode with Shane. She videotaped the whole thing.


My game was to get as close as I could without getting nailed.


Shane's a long way off from a license and it shows!


I got hit enough to keep the kid happy. It was congested enough there would be chaos no matter what.


There was a lot of food, Adventure Ocean, and laying about for most of the day. I had a vegetarian lunch to try and cleanse my system before Carrie and I had a date night out at the on-board sushi restaurant. Nana and Pop helped with the Shane care before sticking him in for another round of Adventure Ocean.

Two things happened that were remarkable that night:

1) A family ordered a ton of sushi and then got up and left without touching most of it. They had never tried Japanese food and decided it wasn't for them. It boggled my mind. It depressed Carrie. The waitress saw that and gave us one of the rolls they ordered and never touched (which made Carrie ecstatic).

2) My system went into full rebellion. I was had gas escaping both ends and my guts twisted into a knot trying to explode out everything in them. It was anything contagious, but I'm never eating a vegetarian meal with broccoli ever again. It was a rough night and next couple of days. I've always had a 'sensitive' GI tract, but this was the longest reaction I've ever had. I'm glad it happened at the end of the trip, but I would have been happier still to avoid it!

No comments:

Post a Comment