Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Under Pressure

There's been a lot going on lately. We have less than a month to move out of our house. There's a lot to do and SOLs at work the same week as closing. Carrie's stressed with her work, coordinating work on the future house, and moving. Shane's as high energy as ever and seemingly oblivious to Mom's stress as he bounces around.

I feel like there's a lot of pressure on me to take care of business and to keep myself grounded and level to support everything around. 

It feels overwhelming, but thankfully I'm not overwhelmed.

I feel it. I'm tired. I still haven't rescheduled my dentist appointment I cancelled the day of the home inspection. As a youth, I never understood how people could let things they wanted to take care of go, but now I do it myself. 

It threatens to feel like it's all on me, but it's not. Remembering that is part of keeping grounded. 

Jesus said, "24 Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock." (Matthew 7:24-25)

If I am centered vertically, I will be able to stand and face the horizontal. 

There are many other verses and thoughts pinging around in my mind. I pray that the Spirit sorts them out and guides my thoughts on the road they need to go.

I'm looking forward to wrapping up many of these present challenges and shifting to lots of traveling and new adventures this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment