Thursday, May 2, 2019

Swimming Lessons

It's past our normal time to start swim lessons! We're not doing Pokemon night, and I'm not doing board game night, so.....we started swim lessons.

Shane loves swimming.


The instructor said that he had, "Great energy" (ha) and that he "didn't give up."


And you know what? I agree. Shane did go both of those things. He was borderline overly energetic, but this instructor seemed happy with that. I was worried I put Shane in too high of a level class with having to swim the length of the pool repeatedly, but he noticeably improved over the course of the lesson. I wasn't expecting to see that so quickly!


Not that Shane is suddenly a top marks swimmer now. It's all about increments. He has more trouble on his back than his front, but now I'm hoping to see improvement after every lesson!

I'm wondering if I'm eventually going to have to sign up for the one sports activity neither Carrie or I want to sign Shane up for: A swim team.

No comments:

Post a Comment