Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Gruesome Twosome vs Me - Round 2

I told Shane, "I'm going to see if I can get John to come down this weekend."

His reply, "Awesome! We can play Battletech!" (Followed by, "I'm going to be another missile launcher!")

Shane got his wish.


It's not like he was the only one who wanted to play, either! I set up a scenario where I marched a Locust, Commando and Hunchback across the map to deal with John's hatchet-wielding Assassin and Shane's Catapult. 


Carrie was so tired she fell asleep on the couch even with us being far less than quiet one room away. We snuck off to Wegmans for snacks and a cheap pizza for dinner.


Shane was very eager to mix his own soft drink. I don't think soda is supposed to be fluorescent strawberry orange.


I like orange soda, but his concoction was best in small sips to prevent choking. Shane swore it was a good mix, but I noticed he wasn't drinking it either.

Carrie woke up when we got home and we all watched the Lego Movie 2.


It was so good, Shane got hyped and jumped straight onto John.


Shane's idea of a "comfortable viewing position" are only comfortable for aspiring contortionists (he gets that from my side of the family).


I've enjoyed all the Lego movies so far.


It inspired Shane to build as the credits rolled.


John needs to move to Charlottesville so he can visit more often.

Random - I think it's now a thing: I catch John yawning in at least one shot each time we get together.


No comments:

Post a Comment