Friday, June 14, 2019

Moving Part 2

The calendar kept ticking down closer to closing.


Shane's contribution is the guy getting pantsed.

We've still had stuff everywhere come Wednesday. We recycled glass, filled bags of trash, and Silas took the outdoor furniture and bike off our hands.


The truck has been indispensable.


I actually enjoy the game of trying to make everything fit efficiently. It's a spatial puzzle! Tetris and Dr. Mario prepared me well.


We thawed and dried the freezer, rolled up the mattress layers, and got the rest of the large items out.


Thursday night, Shane was sleeping in only a sleeping bag. Carrie and I claimed the air mattress.


Though Carrie found "the perfect spot" and fell asleep across two bean bags.


Friday, the house was looking bare up and down the stairs.


The junk was all on the main floor.


Here's a final shot of our very full storage unit.


As the house was laid bare, some old imperfections rose to the forefront. The previous owners had damaged the floor in places.


We'd simply thrown furniture on top of them. Carrie did touch up work, but we'll see what they say when they notice. It's not like anyone should expect a used house to not be used in places, right?


Shane was mostly worthless through the process. I would have involved him more, but his brand of help and Carrie's tolerance level weren't the best mix. I made sure to involve him in some activities in between electronics breaks to burn some energy.


He was largely unfazed (or somehow oblivious) to all of the moving. He had a minor breakdown  with me the day I made him break down his k'nexs.


I got compliance after a while, but then there was a long pout.


Overall, it was a minor thing. Carrie opened up an old can of worms by re-installing Pokemon Go on her phone. The first words out of Shane's mouth every time we got in the car were either, "Can I have your phone Mommy?" or "I love you, Mommy -" followed by "Can I play Pokemon Go?"


Friday, we got breakfast at Wegmans before our final dump run (at least, what I thought would be).


Shane wasn't allowed out of the car, but...


...cue the Mighty Machines music!


Carrie and Shane had their trail ride in the afternoon while I packed up the cars. There are still little odds and ends around the house, but I figured we were 98% done.


We're only supposed to "sweep the floors," but Carrie started cleaning to her standards. She plans on coming back on Sunday to finish off the last bits while Shane and I are at the beach.


We drove off around 4 PM. We're almost to the end of this leg of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment