Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer Goals 2019

If it wasn't obvious, there are two main goals this summer: Sell the old house, and move into the new one.

Bonus goal: Make some fun memories in between.

I fantasized there would be a whole bunch of free time this summer. Carrie, Shane, and I would be in South Carolina. Shane would be with my parents, Aunt Dot, Indy, and the cousins. Carrie and I would have date nights and socialize in between. Maybe I'd even sign Shane up for one of the SC soccer camps I was researching. Or maybe we'd do some day trips for fun.

Instead, we spent the whole first week of summer vacation in a blur of packing and moving. Then, Carrie had to house sit while her parents are away for weeks. She can't go to South Carolina when I take Shane. It affects Aunt Cathie's funeral, as well (heart attack). Shane and I will probably drive down without Carrie after beach week.

The list goes on. I have an HR orientation July 1st. Patrick's Bachelor Party will be fun, but it falls right when I need to drive Shane to South Carolina for VBS/Camp-Nana-Pop. The house will be ready mid-July, and Carrie and I will move in while Shane is with family and before we go on a trip to help with a tour group.

There will definitely be fun in between, but it won't be quiet and unencumbered. Everything will be more packed than I planned.

At least our first goal is done at the time I write this: Our house is sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment