Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Watch Your Step

Shane ran ahead of me on our way into the house from the beach. He sped down the stairs, thumping loudly. 

I heard the crash as he slipped and crashed.

"Oh no!" Megan's voice came from around the corner.

Shane grunted. The crash sounded bruising, but it sounded like he was okay and trying to be tough.

I got around the corner, but Shane was already up and heading to our room.

"The floor was wet from when Sammy escaped from the tub," Megan said.


Shane limped into our room and started to wipe his arms off on my blanket. "Now I'm all wet!" he said.


"I'm sorry you fell. Good job shrugging it off," I said. I might have said

Then Megan changed the whole scene.

"I don't think that was water," she said. "I'd just dried Sammy off when he crawled away...."

No comments:

Post a Comment