Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Drought (and Dog)

The drought continues. Our house is surrounded by dead crops. Our grass has put growing on hold, and the horses are chewing through a lot of hay.


You can see dust with every footstep in the dry lot. Carrie would like to work them in the arena, but all that would accomplish is a dust storm of a different color.


Loki got himself wrapped around the septic pipe here (Which is funny), but the main reason I added this picture was to show how cracked and dry the yard is. We're in the Fall but setting heat records.


I never cared about a lack of rain before owning a farm. Now, it makes me glad I'm not a farmer and reliant on something as fickle as the weather.

No, I just rely on students who don't want to do work. That's more predictable and some of them can even be reasoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment