Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sam and Shane Play Day

I finally got Shane and Sam together again for a play date! They haven't seen each other since the beginning of summer!

Things were stressful at the house, so drove the boys downtown. They started to haggle and bargain over Pokemon cards before the buckles clicked.


There's been a bit of construction since the last time I drove down 5th and Ridge.


I got to the park and...parked. The boys were still haggling.

Best line was from Sam. "I'm not going to give it for free. I'm nice, but I'm not that nice!"

Neither boy has much of a poker face.


We went to the park next. It was hot. There was only one other kid there.


Shane and Sam did their own thing. They tried to spin each other sick and called whatever they were spinning a time machine.


They play continued until they started throwing acorns onto the road below the park. Shane said they wanted a car to drive over and crush an acorn. I gave Shane a warning and when they kept trying to roll things onto the asphalt from uphill I called it.

So we walked to the library.


The boys wanted to look up The Last Kid on Earth series. I could have helped, but I let them do things on their own (Another kid had walked in with his mom mentioning the series. When I said, "Isn't that the series Sam likes?" it set the boys on the path....and I didn't want them to beat the other kid to the punch when the idea came from him!).


Originally, neither boy had wanted to visit the library, because "libraries are boring."

Now that we were there, they were both engrossed in books and comics. I'd brought Smash Up to play cards, but it was left unused.


The library was set to close, so we headed out with some Hank the Cowdog audiobooks (in poor condition, sadly).



I had the boys for close to three hours before we dropped off Sam and said our goodbyes. I'd love for the boys to get together more, but we'll see how often the schedules work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment