Thursday, June 18, 2020

Working Around

Less work seems to take more time during the summer months. There's no urgency to get the work done, but work is still going on!

Shane built a new cat house. Happy was the first customer.


Blood, sweat, and tears went into it's making.....well, maybe not seat. Shane cut himself with the scissors making it, so I can confirm the blood and tears!


Don't worry. It was barely a nick. 

Carrie's had me tag along in a support/safety role for some of her training projects. She was working with Sam on loading and unloading. I....I stood there. 


My contributions were a photo and being able to laugh when she demonstrated the effectiveness of grain with a hungry horse.

I haven't been helping with Pippin lately. Carrie's made a rig to hang some bags off her saddle to simulate a rider.


It's a trust building and desensitization game. Carrie put out a tarp held down by poles that Pippin is willing to cross more readily than any other pony on property, but wants to turn on the afterburners any time Carrie tries to actually ride her.


If Pippin can learn to walk while it feels like someone is on her back it should transfer to someone actually being on her back.

Should.

No, I've been doing more grunt work cleaning stalls.


It's not the hardest work, but it does take time (and a proximity to smells).


I found a random hole in the yard while taking Loki to pace cars.


Normally, I wouldn't care, but with horses around you want to avoid anything that could cause a trip.

Side quest accepted.


A few minutes later, 'quest complete.'


And think: That was interesting enough I took pictures. Maybe I wanted to prove to Carrie I wasn't lazing about all day?

Everyone pitches in somehow. Sam helped by 'mowing' Maddy's lot (He was happy to do it, too!).


Having a barn is like having kids. There's always a new mess to clean up somewhere! It helps to look at both as a labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment