Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Agility Training

I don't remember when this picture was taken, but it proves a point: Loki is part cat.


And Carrie wants to make it complete. Loki will jump up on the couch, but he won't jump over the back.


So guess her goal.


There's a bit of a time lapse between these pics and the next set. You can tell from looking at Shane's hair. Grandpa took a video of Carrie and Shane running through horse jumps with Loki. The video never made it into my hands, so I wanted to recreate something for this post.

Plus, it was a good way to get Shane doing something physical. 


Loki is not a complete idiot. He's happy to run and jump, but if he can dodge or duck under something he'll do it. Not all the time, but enough to ruin a good video! That's where the flowers under the jump come in.


Before you think this is something we consistently work on, we don't. It's maybe once every couple of weeks at random when Shane's exuding energy. Carrie doesn't want to do it when horses are afoot and the consistent 90+ degrees Fahrenheit weather has been a turn-off.

The day of filming, Shane ran through the course with Loki once before complaining.


Actually, he started to complain when I made him carry the flowers! He started to count how much I carried versus how much he had!

This is after he ran in circles, bounced, and revved the dog up inside. I thought he had enough energy to run 10 miles before it wilted away!

I did get Shane to do a second run-through before he went kaput.


Then I asked him to film one more run before calling it quits.


After that it was horse chores. Loki and Shane both hung out with me while Carrie fell back asleep on the couch.

Loki hit the water bowl and then took a break. Little boys, human or dog, need to run and to rest.


The most common way Loki gets exercised is I take him out front to pace cars. I try to do it at least once a day. He only lasts for 10-15 minutes with the heat. I think I stayed out for 20 minutes one day and he'd already run back to the front door to be let in!

No comments:

Post a Comment