Friday, July 1, 2022

He's Back!...for a night

Saturday, I drove down to SC to pick up Shane. This time I drove further, so that Nana and Pop would stay closer to home (4 to 2 hrs vs the normal 3-3 split). 

As predicted, Shane had the time of his life. I got pictures all week long and email updates of the non-stop adventures he was having!


We talked, went in for bathroom breaks, and then posed for some pictures before our final goodbyes.

I showed Carrie this one after getting home:


"Is my forehead really that big?" I asked Carrie when I showed her the photo.

"No. It's an odd angle," she replied.

"I look like a Klingon."

Star Trek references are normally good for a Carrie laugh!

Speaking of Carrie, she requested a side trip after getting Shane. She ordered some equine senior feed for us to pick up on the way home. It looked closer on the map to her than it really was. It added about half an hour to the journey back, but I got a picture out of it (and Shane got to poop in a clean bathroom!).


We stopped at Sheetz on the way home for dinner and a break. Shane kept dancing back in forth between me and the counter. I got flashbacks to Monty Python and the Ministry of Silly Walks. I stopped the game once he obliviously cut off one too many people.


There were some big storm clouds as we passed through Virginia. I got to hear (and refute) all sorts of predictions for a long stretch of miles (Nature is free entertainment, at least).


Shane ran over and gave Carrie a big hug once he got home. She held onto him for a while.


When she let him go, she went straight to his room with him to test out some things and pack for camp.


Boys who packed and men who drove got ice cream for their troubles!

Shane will spend the night at home, but we're going to head to Grandma and Grandpa's first thing Sunday morning. Carrie wants to leave by 8:30 AM at the latest! Shane's going from one trip to the next, but he's good for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment