Thursday, July 7, 2022

Loki Grooming Day

Loki sheds. A lot. Probably not more than a horse, but it's all in the house. I find little balls of floof all the time.


He's not a fan of the brush, either (or maybe it's just me with the brush). I can feel the floof tangled up under his outer layer and I imagine he'd be a lot more comfortable in the summer heat if he'd let me deal with it.


I hold him down sometimes, but it seems like it never ends! Not to mention, he's been quiet.....malodorous lately (and bathing him at home leaves him looking like an overgrown, soaked rat!). 


It was well past time to visit the groomer. Carrie made the appointment a while ago. Loki was too excited and preoccupied sniffing and marking around to be suspicious (Though the turd did pee inside the place. Was it social or was it revenge for what was to come?). 


Pictures don't do it justice, but Loki glowed when we left. He felt slimmer. The groomer, Kathy, always says "You wouldn't believe how much fur came off, " but I believe!

The trip was dual purpose in that I picked up some leg massagers Carrie had loaned out. We'd bought them to help with Carrie's recovery from knee surgery and Carrie had offered them out when she'd heard Kathy had her own surgery lined up. 

I could bathe Loki myself, but we can afford it, Kathy does a great job, and it's nice to have local businesses (especially ones with services we can use!). I'm glad I can no longer smell Lokes when he parks by my chair at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment