Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Snip for Pip (Summer)

Why did I leave early on a workday to visit the SPCA? 


It was time to drop little dude off to get his balls snipped. In the beginning, Carrie though he was a she. When Pip started to feel safer around her, he also felt more free about waving his fuzzy little things in her face. Good news: It's cheaper to neuter a guy than a girl (by $50!).


The SPCA changed up some of it's procedures on me from the last time I visited. Instead of bringing pets around to the back for clinics, now they're brought in from the front. There's been a lot of drama on Reddit about how the SPCA is run, treat their people, and all of the above. It's on the internet, so I have no idea how much of it is true, but the board ousting a higher up lends credence to what's being said.


But at the moment, I just cared that Pip came back sterile. I picked him up after work. It made for a lot of driving, but I had plenty of The Hunt for Red October left to listen to.


Once home, I turned him over to Carrie's ministrations. 

Thankfully, she didn't give Pip ALL the loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment