Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Winter Sports Banquet (Summer)

Monday was the Winter Sports Banquet. There was pizza, but nowhere near enough. I swapped hats with Melvin (the boat-maker) and went back for seconds as a joke. When the pizza ran out, I felt horrible.

Then we had to sit in the cafeteria for way longer than the food had lasted.

To stay entertained, we started a boat-making clinic. Alex was already a pro, but Brian and I were newbies.


It was a relief when we finally went to the auditorium.


We were well supplied.

It started with the usual speech. We were near the end of the rotation, but I got to see a few of my students who participated in other sports.


When it was Wrestling's turn, Coach W wanted to do something different. He had the whole team walk up on stage. I was handed an award and told to make a speech for the Team MVP, Spencer, and Rico gave the speech for Lucy (which embarrassed the heck out of her, of course!). 

I won't say who, but there were multiple boats seeded around the stage, on the table, and in the podium by the time the team marched off. 

And so ended the last event of the winter sports season for 2023! It was a memorable one for me. 

I'm curious about next year, though. Will Brian be back? What about DaVell? They were both joys to work with. We're getting at least one new coach. How will he fit in? Most important of all, how many wrestlers are coming back? Will we have a full team?

Nothing to worry about now, though. Now is the time to rest, recover, and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment