Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of Kindergarten!

Time flew. I got Shane up on time, got him dressed, Carrie started to stuff his backpack and then it was a scramble. We got him to the bus in time, though.


Shane was playing and chasing kids around on the playground when I picked him up.

"It looked like you were playing 'monster!'" I said.

Shane corrected me. "Dad, I was a goblin!"

When I asked him how his day was, Shane told me to "calm down!" I almost broke into a fit of laughter. Shane wished he could have ridden the bus home, but he liked school. The music teacher was just like him; They both liked music. He got to go on the playground three times (two in school and then one after). He was really excited that there was a "real" Pete the Cat. Pete the Cat wrote his class as a message and they were going to go look for him in the school tomorrow.

"I love [my school!]"


Music to my ears.

2 comments:

  1. It was good for my heart to read this. I am so happy Shane loves his new school! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete