Monday, January 22, 2018

Not Again!

I left Carrie and Shane unsupervised Friday night to take my wrestlers to UVA. I got home and they were nowhere to be found.

When they did walk through the door, they brought fish.


I thought we were done with fish. As far as I can tell, fish are what you buy when you want to burn cash and gamble on how long they'll last.


This time, they bought three. The next morning one was dead. Another died Saturday night and Sunday the final one gave up the ghost. Rest in peace, Lemon-drop, Fiesta, and something 'blue' related.      (Carrie: Not exactly.... third one's name was Rex)

Carrie figured out that the water heater, plus the light, and something else was too much for the tank. I can't say I fully paid attention ("Fish are food. Not friends" -Me).

Sunday, we made a post-dinner trip to pick up a betta. They're hardy. 


Or at least hardier.


At least the fish are fairly cheap and keep the cats busy.


I'll have to ask what this guy's name is again. I threw out so many off-kilter names I can't recall what was decided upon (I do know that neither Carrie or Shane went with any of my amazingly humorous and apropos suggestions).            (Carrie: His name is Noir  :-P)


Carrie and Shane are excited for now. That's worth something to me, at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment