Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Next Basketball Game

We had to show up an hour early for Saturday's game to take team pictures. One of the parents was playing Go Fish with some kids. Shane was interested. I was happy I'm not the only person who tries to play games with their kids.


The team picture we showed up an hour early for took all of five minutes.


Thankfully, there were kids and cards. Shane was introduced to Rummy.


It lasted until I went out to grab some games from our car and Shane noticed a kid with an iPad out. Suddenly, human beings faded into an electronic background.


A slightly older boy asked me to teach him how to play Labyrinth. I set it up, taught him and his dad and ended up in a three player game. We played while the kids warmed up and at half-time.

I'll post the videos of Shane's turns on the court at the end.

Three thoughts for now:

1 - Shane has a hard time sitting still.


2 - Cutest moment of the game was when a kid on the other team stopped to tie his defender's shoe.


3 - Funniest non-game moment was Shane pushing away his teammate's chair.


Here's the footage for anyone who wants to see Shane running laps.




No comments:

Post a Comment