Sunday, July 15, 2018

A new addiction? Just a fun trip, I hope!

After watching one too many animes about people trapped in online video games, Carrie decided to try one of those online video games. We signed up for World of Warcraft.

I'd talked to Carrie about it before. I played 14 years ago when it first came out. Carrie enjoyed the animes, but she didn't always catch some jokes and references that were apparent to me. I offered to play WoW with her for a bit as a couple's activity and so that she could appreciate a few of her favorite shows on a different level.

She never bit.

Things have changed. Carrie played a Sword Art Online single-player game that mimicked the online games. Then, Chris and Genevieve visited. They met on Everquest before WoW. They hopped on WoW when it came out and have been on it ever since.

So now Carrie is a WoW player. We talked Monday night about starting and Tuesday morning she was already running around before I woke up (Carrie doesn't go into things half-hearted). Shane was glued to her side.

She'd texted with Genevieve to make sure she was on the same server and agreed to meet up with them online at night.

I guess I know what we're going to be doing for our couple's time the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment