Thursday, November 29, 2018

Shane's Wrestling Season 2018-19

Shane's wrestling season started this week! We are knee-deep in the busy season. Shane's old enough for the elementary practice now, so there are two practices a week. I'd like to go to at least one each week, but the plan is to go to two as often as possible. It starts at 6 PM, so I have time to grab Shane and get him to practice myself.


Monday, Shane buddied up with Hayden from soccer.


They were mostly productive. Shane doesn't really show any talent for wrestling yet, but he sure loves rolling around on the mats! He seems to really enjoy moving around, hopping, tackling, and the like. 


Wrestling is a great sport for a kid who loves attention. Whoever you're wrestling has no choice, but to focus on what you're doing! I still noticed that whenever I looked at Shane from on the balcony he was somehow looking back at me. I want to see what's happening, but I wonder if he'd focus more if I wasn't in the room. 


Shane ran into the very middle of the pile at the end of the first practice.


The second practice, Shane buddied up with Ryan. I heard Hayden calling Shane's name and felt a little bad, but my plan is to stay off to the side and let Shane listen to the coaches and go with the flow.


Ryan, by the way, knows a lot more about wrestling than Shane. His dad helps coach and works with the kids. I don't really do anything at home with Shane since we live in a "thud free zone."


Shane's been excited and having fun so far. I don't know if the twice a week will wear on him or make him enjoy the season more, but we're going to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment