Monday, November 12, 2018

Struggling to Keep Up!

In case it wasn't obvious, I've been having trouble keeping up with the blog.

If you only check the blog sporadically, you may not have noticed. I take pictures, upload them, and try to keep drafts open of titles I want to write about. That helps me organize thoughts and remember things without a gap in total posts. I lose details in the time that goes in between finishing anything, but something fills the gap.

The rubber banding about posting started this summer. I go for stretches without writing and then try to sit down and pour everything out over a night or two to catch up.

A lot of things factor in to the backlog. I am still feeling burned out. School, wrestling, and activities eat a lot of time and energy. Some of my friends have been going through life stresses and I'm working to support them. Shane is older, faster, smarter, and takes a lot more energy to meet his needs physically, mentally, and emotionally and I'm stretched as is.

Still, there are good times. The blogs should show that! With all of the challenges, we have fun. I've been more social outside the family with trivia and playing 'King of the Hill' with Silas and Zora. Carrie's been staying up later which gives us time to talk and watch something instead of blogging.

I enjoy writing, but it's not necessary to daily survival and has dropped down the priority list. I plan to catch up wherever and whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment