Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Thursday morning, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving! Carrie got right to work in the kitchen helping Grandma.


Shane and I popped over to where Grandpa was watching the parade.


Shane wasn't useless, though. He got pulled to set the table later on.


Me? I took pictures. I might have grabbed stuff from the garage every now and then, as well. I was glad I drove, otherwise I would have felt useless!


We had a nice turkey lunch. I had a wonderful nap on the couch right afterwards. It was a dream literally and figuratively: Grandma and Grandpa agreed to play Monopoly with Shane. Carrie was banker and rules assistant. I slept through it. I would wake up, listen for a little bit, and then roll over. They weren't done yet and I wasn't done yet either. Good times!


There was business talk, but there was a lot of house talk. Carrie and Grandma drew maps, calculated, and discussed things with great vigor. My estimates of how soon we'll be moving keep moving up.


Grandpa and Shane settled in to watch The Wizard of Oz.


That gave me time to write blog posts.


The next day, I played another round of Pandemic with Shane. I was hoping someone else would show an interest and join us, but Grandpa joined in all of the house talk.


Shane and I did play a game of Parcheesi with Grandpa before we left. Or most of one. Shane accused Grandpa of counting wrong and then called me a liar, so I called the game. It was a good opportunity for a lesson and we needed to leave anyway.

The ride home was uneventful. I'd hoped to stop in Richmond on the way back, but Carrie wanted to be home for a scheduled call with a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment