Friday, November 2, 2018

Teacher Workday = Shane + Rah Playday

Shane usually goes to a TKD "No School Day Camp," when there's a teacher workday, but we decided to have him stay home this time to save a few bucks. 

I got back around 1:30 PM and Rah knocked. I told Shane to go out and play, but stay at the top of the circle. I stayed inside. It's part of the plan to help Shane grow more independent. 

Not that I wasn't aware of what was going on. I want Shane to feel more independent and act independently with guidelines.....but I'm still keeping an eye out in case I need to intervene.


The boys did a great job. They played soccer against the two houses. Shane actually won since Rah's a basketball guy.

Rah's a real nice kid. I trust him not to lead Shane knowingly off into any trouble. If anything, he probably thinks it's odd how closely I do supervise Shane.

After all, he walked up to our house on his own to play 3 years ago.

They were outside for an hour (maybe two?) before they came in to play. Eventually, they made too much noise for Carrie and I kicked them back outside to carve a pumpkin.


I left them to their own devices and the results were goofy.


That pumpkin needed to be carved, so I didn't care! It kept them entertained and interacting, so it served it's purpose.

Rah asked me if we ever did sleep overs with friends and if he could some time. I asked if he'd be willing to have a bed time at 9 PM like Shane and that made him pause.

I feel for Rah that's there's not more kids his age in the neighborhood. We haven't seen him outside as much lately. I do know one of his two new friends from Walker moved away a week or so ago. He sometimes has sleep-overs at the other kids house, so I hope he's off playing when we don't see him around.

For today, it was a good thing Shane stayed home. He and Rah played for hours until I made Shane change for Taekwando and the sun went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment