Friday, December 20, 2019

Made it to Break!

We made it!

Shane had an easy day. He got to bring a sleeping bag to school and wear a robe. His class watched the first Harry Potter movie (They'd been listening to the audiobook).

Carrie sent me a picture while I was doing horse chores.


I sent my own pic back.


It was cold.

I got to take a break and eat after barn chores.

I was a little stiff by the end of the night, because I'd done some live wrestling in practice. I got to find out just how lacking my cardio was. I wrestled six rounds of situational starts. I dominated the first two, held my own the second two, and heard my heartbeat reverberate in my ears for the last two. I screwed up a throw and landed on my back at the end. I just let myself be pinned rather than fight it (I was too busy trying to control my breathing anyway!).

I guess this means I'll have to jump in more on drills to get some of the cardio back. I haven't exercised since summer, so I need to.

On a nostalgic note, I saw a picture of my old school online. They all dressed up!


I had hoped I would have a chance to visit by now, but it's not realistic. I spend all day running around as is.

But....it's break! Hooray! It's been a busy year and it's felt like time has been passing quickly. I'm ready to slow down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas treat to see your blog updates and pictures. We hope you all are having a super happy time at the Cassano's. How wonderful for Shane to have time with his cousins. Merry Christmas to all of you!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete