Sunday, December 29, 2019

New Year, New Goals

I doubled up on yesterday's post to leave a spot for my yearly goals post.

Reflection -

1. Prepare and sell house - Done!
2. Build, Move, Adjust - A LOT has happened.
3. Carrie with horses - Companion horse? We've got spares now. We've got one boarder. Hope for more!
4. Figure out job - New job in progress. Almost halfway through the year.
5. Community - Life has become more and more busy. Tried a small group, but it broke up. Working to stay connected with people. We are attending a local church. Shane normally asks to go there.
6. Career - I don't have time for a PhD. I don't have time for a side job. Work, barn, and parenting take all my time.
7. Have fun - Got some of that in!
8. Shane - Well, he is reading more!

Goals -

1. Hook in at MHS - Don't just survive; Thrive. Make a difference. Make friends. Make the most of it.
2. Start to ride again - I'm around horses all the time. Need to keep learning to be useful.
3. Carrie's surgery - She's going to need knee surgery at some point again. We're thinking this summer. She'll need time to recover and I'll be in charge.
4. Carrie's health in general - Any and all of it. I do what I can to help relieve stress and pressure.
5. Establish a boarding barn - Already in progress...but we need more boarders! It would be nice to turn it into at least somewhat of a revenue stream. It would be fun to have some sort of social events here, too, like a potluck (or something where I get food!).
5. Have a sleepover with a Shane friend at some point - It'd be fun and a sign we're closer with a family.
6. Volunteer more....somewhere.
7. Keep building connections:
   Me: I'd love to get a board game group going. Somehow. Somewhere. I'd like to get involved in another small group or the same one if they form back up again. I've been so busy lately I haven't kept up conversations with some of my old friends as much as I wish I had. I want to stay connected with people. Shane's cousins on Carrie's side are back in Virginia, so I'd like to add them to the family we visit.
   Carrie: Keeps meeting more horse people and I hope we'll have more boarders to keep track of. When she's feeling better, she can go on fox hunts (which she's wanted to do anyway! Hopefully, we'll have a "Guild Meeting" one day and Chris, Gen, and maybe even Emily or Bill will make it to the farm.
   Shane: I plan on signing Shane up for the local soccer league instead of SOCA this spring. I want to join the pool this summer and do swim lessons there instead of ACAC, as well. Henry has been our most regular friend, but I'd love to have a more steady stream of social appointments for Shane's sake and my sanity.

I may think of more later. My goals are a starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment