Monday, December 30, 2019

Warm Monday

It's been an odd winter break. The weather is more akin to spring. Baby grass is starting to pop up throughout the yard and we opened up all of the windows for fresh air. 


It hit 70 F in the house!


Carrie heated me up some 'taco soup' and then really wanted to catch me with a cheese runner. I obliged.


The morning was mostly quiet. Shane played around and did some Final Fantasy II and some Slime Rancher. I did barn chores, cleaning, writing, and took Loki out to pace some cars for a while. Carrie did a 'mercenary' dungeon run or two with her friend from Asia that calls her 'Sis' (True story).

The evening had more 'out of house' activity. I took Shane with me to wrestling practice.


Wrestling continues to be the one place it's okay for him to try and tackle people he doesn't know.....which turns into how he gets to know them, I guess!


Shane doesn't always get when to stop. He started trying to throw the ball at the coach as we were talking. He entertained himself for an hour before I gave him my phone for 30 minutes to let me work without worrying about him.

We left practice a little early for Shane to make it to TKD. Shane went in with a bad attitude ("Why do we have to come here?") and left singing praises ("It's always a good time when [Instructor Papa]'s there!").

We had a little talk about how attitude is important and you can be sure I pointed the transformation.

As we were leaving, Shane got a turn on a balance game.


The beginner's class is more for kids lower in rank than him and has more play, but Shane loves it. The class with higher ranks is earlier in the day and in the middle of wrestling. I'd love to take him to the higher ranking class, but it's not an option right now. We have to leave practice 20 minutes early to make it to this class!


It's not the same as having a friend over, but Shane needs to get out and about. We stayed home except for errands and church over the weekend. 

We listened to Spy School on the way home and chilled the rest of the night.

...and it was a literal chill for me. When I went into our bedroom I was hit by a wave of cold. The windows were still open! There was a thermometer on the clock that told me exactly what I was in for.


Carrie had conked out on the couch, so she was warm, snug, and none the wiser! I went full blanket burrito mode and pretended I was camping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment