Monday, August 3, 2020

A Friendly Visit

Henry came over Monday morning! He arrived a little after 9 AM. They boys immediately hit the electronics.  


Shane told me that Henry had been obsessing over Sim City. Henry brought his tablet and I know Shane wishes he had one of those, so it was a perfect match.

I'm okay with social video games, but there was no way I was going to let them stay inside all day. We were supposed to get days of rain, so I wanted to run the boys before it hit.

The first step was to send them down to the barn to fill water buckets and check on the kittens. Carrie supervised.


I brought down some 'toys' to hopefully garner some interest.


Loki bit. He pulled out a lacrosse ball while I was stuffing hay bags!


Catch would've been fun, but the boys played fetch instead.


Shane complained it was hot and disappeared inside. Henry wanted to take look at the bow.


Shane showed back up when he realized he was alone.


It wasn't a long session, but the boys farted around in the arena for a little bit. I made sure everything got put away after they sought out air conditioning.


Loki kept everyone entertained until lunch.


And lunch brought on an exciting discover: Peanut-butter seaweed and guava juice.


The kids were a fan. I'm taking their word on it.


It was back to electronics for the last stretch before Molly showed up at 1 PM. Shane wanted to show Henry some computer games, so I let them hop on the last 20 minutes or so.


Shane would have stayed on the computer, but I kicked him outside when Molly and Henry went down to the barn to see Pockets and Carrie.


It's not that Shane's so addicted to electronics he'd forsake socializing. He loves electronics (clearly), but it was more that Shane gets so wrapped up in what he's doing he doesn't always observe what's going on around him. He was thrilled to run around the yard, talk, and play until they drove away.


On a book note: Molly borrowed my The Eye of the World. Will she like it? I'm really curious. If she likes it I may be able to con/talk Carrie into reading it next...

No comments:

Post a Comment