Thursday, August 27, 2020

Teacher Work Week

It was a really busy teacher work week for me. I just can't say all the work was school related.

Here, I sat down to rest after morning barn chores.


I was swarmed by kittens and Carrie took my phone, because "CUTE!!!!" Nevermind the sweat.


I was patient. Shane didn't want to stay out of the picture long, and the kittens shifted focus.


In addition to being a full time farmer was parenting. Workdays give me something to do, but not him. I'm hoping it will be easier when his teachers babysit him so I can babysit my students.

We played motor pool Friday afternoon.


I showed Shane how to check the oil level on the mower and talked him through how to do an oil change.


I did the actual dirty work, but I had him help pour the old oil into the jug.


Carrie came out to mow after we were done. 

That still left me with the boy. 

I've let Shane earn use of my computer, but that kicks me off it. No blogging. No making materials.

I've done some paper planning, but Shane isn't the only one vying for attention.


"Ball! Throw ball, hoo-man!"


I haven't missed a zoom call and I've signed up for a few trainings. The trainings were for things I already know, but they count for licensure points. They also gave me a reason to be on the computer and for Shane to leave me alone (Which was hard for him! He definitely walked by shirtless and tried to give me bunny ears once).

I've learned that I'm very much an outlier. One, I wanted to go to school in person, and two, I'm not terrified of teaching virtually. It's just a thing. To me, this is a calm before school kicks into high gear.

To others, this is a time of great frustration. The county is changing guidance and updating things on the fly. It's driving some people to paranoia. They build something, hear something new, and throw their hands up in frustration.

Meanwhile, I know what I want to do, so I've sat back and watched it happen. I've only done general plans and will finish what I need in concrete on labor day. That way things won't have time to change on me (and with it being a holiday the odds of the county issuing any course changes are much, much lower).

So that's been my work week. It really doesn't feel like a work week so much as a normal week with some bonus tasks that keep me in the AC and on the wifi. The real fun starts Sept 8th!

No comments:

Post a Comment