Friday, August 21, 2020

Extended Task

It should've only taken a few minutes. I decided to stretch the Volvo's legs for a short errand. 

I fired it up, let it idle, and got out the driveway when I got an "Add air or it's annihilation" warning. 

Luckily, no one was around. I popped a quick u-turn at the first intersection.


Most of the tires were around 30 psi, but I found a winner on the back passenger side.


And I found the prize it'd won, too.


It didn't make sense to stay idle while the tires filled, so I got to cleaning. Kids are kryptonite to car cleanliness. 


Then it occurred to me the gas station was on the way home.


And then it occurred to me the safety inspection was expired.....but that would wait for another day.

All I wanted to do was drive 5 minutes to Shane's school, update my work computer off the intranet, and scoot home.


The work computer was working after a few minutes, but the whole adventure took an hour! That seems like it should be some sort of achievement: "Made a fifteen minute task take an hour with zero lollygagging."

On a side note: There's a lot of construction getting done at Shane's school. I wonder if the virtual start will help the construction to finish early.

No comments:

Post a Comment