Sunday, August 16, 2020

Not the Portrait Kind

Shane was at Nana's. Carrie and I had the house all to ourselves! 


It was time to PAR....wait a minute. Why did we move all the furniture? 


Carrie wanted to paint. I'm not talking about turning the town red, either.


We went to Lowe's Sunday afternoon and spent 8 hours on Phase 1.

For the first time ever, Carrie trusted me with a roller.

I may have been overeager at times.


But maybe it was all part of my plan. It wasn't my only mistake, but it's great for seeing a color comparison. Carrie chose one that wasn't much different from the construction white to my eye.


However, the color she chose for her accent walls was dashing. "I finally got my blue house," Carrie said.


"I only had the blue door at the last house while we were trying to sell it!"

I had no idea a blue house was a thing she wished for. Even after a decade of marriage, I learn something new everyday.

Like how to make a mobile ladder. An upside down rug and elbow grease moved it along. It helped save Carrie's bad knee.


The pets didn't understand why they had to stay sequestered for all of the hubbub. 


Loki felt a little blue when I took him out for a bathroom break. It certainly proved what Carrie was worried about!


Happy and Max were stuck inside all day, but Loki did get one reprieve when Landie came with her mom. He got to babysit her and play in the horse arena while Ellie gave Magic a bath.


While we both painted Sunday, Carrie did all of the blue on Monday. I helped with other things like all of the horse chores, weeding, cleaning, etc.


It looked good. Carrie knows her stuff.


I did the grunt work cleaning and replacing faceplates while Carrie placed photos, pics, and paintings.


Carrie's wanted to paint for a while, so Shane out of the house was a good opportunity.


Here are a few pics of the final product.


However, anyone who wants the tour will have to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment