Thursday, April 28, 2022

My first day off!

I took my first day off this school year. Nora came back from Romania just in time to cover the B day classes! I got to have a slower start to my morning.


Followed by horse chores. Loki camped out next to my boots, so he wouldn't be left behind.


The day I took off happened to be a staff meeting today. Thankfully, it was a virtual one (Aria claimed my lap).


My goal for the day was to drive to NC and pick up Shane. He'd enjoyed skipping a few days of school and partying with Nana and Pop!


I loved the pictures they sent me of Shane and Tenley's fort!


Another day they took Shane and Cole to see Sonic the Hedgehog 2.


They had the theater to themselves.


And the theater itself was as much of an attraction as the movie!

But it was time for Shane to come back to the real world and school (He gave his teacher and bus driver enough of a break!).


We met at our usual CFA, but we did something new this time: We went inside!


It's funny to believe we've been meeting at the same place for years without ever going inside (I'm very familiar with the parking lot!).

Shane and I made it back north just in time for his soccer practice.


Nothing like a little exercise after a long car trip!


There was a quick time out to rescue a caterpillar.


But then it was soccer o'clock!


Mostly. Shane gets frustrated by the World Cup game. If he's not winning ("and I never do!"), he might be pouting.


If he really wanted to win, he'd practice at home. Instead, it's good practice at being humble and pushing past setbacks. 

The farmers were working when we got home.


Loki was excited to see Shane! He was afraid of the balloon Shane brought (and tormented him with), but Loki's forgave Shane and welcomed his dog brother home eagerly (once the balloon was disposed of!).

With Shane home, things are one step closer to being normal around here. Carrie will be back on Sunday. It'll be great to have the family back. Thanks again to Nana and Pop for coming through with the emergency childcare while I was on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment