Friday, April 15, 2022

Some Loki Pics

Carrie asked me to pick up some dog food while I was in town with Shane. Shane kept coming over to me with expensive dog toys saying, "Can we buy this for Loki?"

I declined, of course, but noticed it was only a couple of dollars for a frisbee. "We can get this," I said.

The next day Shane ran up to me as I got in from work, "Loki's afraid of the frisbee!" He said it with a mix of surprise and glee that meant he'd probably been terrorizing Loki all afternoon.

I wanted to see for myself, so Shane and I went out with Lokes. 

And you know what? He was scared.....at first. Since I didn't run around yelling and throwing it at him, Loki figured out it was a toy soon enough. Carrie even came out to join the fun.


And now I will unload a bunch of dog, boy, and frisbee pictures.


Honestly, it was a terrible frisbee. It had trouble flying straight.


Some of that may be user error, but I wonder if A) it was designed to hit the ground and roll to be easier to pick up or B) it really is that cheap and I'm giving PetSmart too much credit thinking they'd engineer a piece of plastic that probably cost a couple of dimes to produce.


Loki got his running in either way!


Loki had trouble picking it up at first. We'd throw, he'd bark, chase, and then stand there looking at it on the ground. He'd start barking again once one of us moved close enough to pick the frisbee up!


We weren't out long, but Loki was panting hard and a little frothy at the mouth when we called it quits. There was a little blood on his gum line from a failed early attempt at picking up the frisbee on the run (The edge of the frisbee was down and he drove it into the ground while running over it!).


I think Loki appreciated his humans taking the time off from their electronic devices to do something fun for a change.

The frisbee's already a bit deformed and has teeth marks from our game. I hadn't thought it was a one-time use thing....

Maybe I should be a real frisbee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment