Saturday, December 3, 2022

Solo Week: On my own! (The Stretch!)

Carrie and Shane headed out early Saturday morning. Carrie told Shane that they were going up to where Grandma and Grandpa were in New Jersey. They were going to spend the night in a hotel, because it was a log drive.


The real reason was to go on a cruise. Carrie, who loves her surprises, spotted a "crazy deal" months ago. She asked permission to take Shane on a birthday/Christmas cruise, just the two of them. 

Now, the journey was about to be underway. Shane didn't even question the luggage, because he was too busy gazing deep into the electronic blinder Carrie handed him! (And Loki was too focused on Kila to notice they were going, but more on that later!)


Carrie drove my car to avoid putting miles on the truck. 


She left me with the Bucket-mobile and all of the animals and chores they entailed!

I meant to blog. Instead, I did everything else! I spent the whole weekend cleaning house and caring for animals. 


Saturday is normally catch up day at the house and barn. Whatever Carrie didn't get done during the week has to get done, because we tend to get weekend visitors.


Laura and Amy came Sunday. Kila's still shy around them. I've been working with getting her more comfortable (See the treat bag in front of Amy? Ha!)


The rest of the weekend it was just me and the animals. I like some alone time each day, but without Shane and Carrie around it was too quiet for me! 

I nearly jumped when a door banged open.


Fat Cat, also known as Happy, was too portly to fit through the bathroom door without popping out the cat latch!


Carrie sent me pictures, so I knew all about the start of the cruise. Shane was oblivious up to the cruise terminal! The two of them being so far away made me a little anxious, so I kept putting the energy to use. I even drove out to refill all the gas cans for winter!

The work prevented me from blogging, but I was in a good spot for the work week. With work, wrestling, and the farm all needing attention I was going to be busy-busy until Carrie and Shane got back!

1 comment:

  1. Pop and I are so excited to read a new blog post from you! What a wonderful gift that was for Shane! I think he will remember it always fondly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete