Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Cream Cheese and Month in Review (Summer)

I was taught to reuse dishes growing up. If it wasn't too dirty, you rinsed it off or wiped it down. 

I carry on the tradition. I use the same knife for my cream cheese each day.

I wipe down the knife and put it in the fridge with the cream cheese each morning after I'm down. The same knife can last a month (or until Shane does a bad job of cleaning it!). 

Honestly, that strategy probably wouldn't have worked growing up. We had way too many people going in and out of the fridge. It's just Shane, Carrie, and I here, so it's easier to keep track of.

Monthly Summary:

February started off busy. The new quarter started at the end of January. One bad grade gave an F for the 2nd semester, so kids were extra motivated until enough grades came out that a missing homework wouldn't tank their end of year average! 

Wrestling went into post season. The season ended and I had more spare time...which I used to catch up on school work! 

Life typically calms down and gets easier as February ends. The days get longer and I'm home more, so Carrie feels better. That also means I'm available to make sure Shane goes to Youth Group and other activities. Soccer will start for him in March, so he'll get to feel like part of a team. I'm tired from the season and have to struggle along until Spring Break, but it feels good to be done. It's similar to being sore and aching from a good work out (as opposed to being injured from overdoing it).

...and we got yet another cat. Go figure. We're up to four.

No comments:

Post a Comment