Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Parent Group (Q4!)

I joined a parent's group. It meets the same time as Youth Group on Wednesday nights.

I enjoyed having a break while Shane went up to Youth Group, but I hope signing up will accomplish a few things:

One - Show Shane I practice what I preach. He needs to belong to a larger community (especially with how extroverted he is!). If I tell Shane it's important for him while avoiding it myself it sends a mixed message. 

Two - Parent groups are filled with parents. Parents have kids. Kids who would be in the Youth Group with Shane! Networking opportunities galore!

Three - I hope to plug more in to the church community myself. "24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. " Hebrews 10:24-25

I almost joined the group way back in September. If I remember correctly, the first night it met I had the dogs with me. There was a lot going on and after I missed the first day or two I didn't want to join late. The spring session is starting as wrestling ends, so the timing is perfect this time around.

So no more breaks on Wednesday nights for me! I have to go and be social. 

1 comment: