Monday, February 27, 2023

One Week Later (Summer)

Yeah, kitten isn't going anywhere. Carrie has spent the past week caring for and socializing him (Yes, we have finally confirmed Black is a boy).


I came home the first day to find Carrie in the bathroom watching media and cuddling the little guy. I got many kitten pictures texted to me at work, too.


Kitten acted like he was in shock at first, but quickly bonded to Carrie. 


She became his safe space. He's more than content to wallow all over her and sleep in her lap.


If Carrie leaves him alone, he starts to pip and mew until she returns.


Which is where he gets his name: Piper. I named him that, because he piped up and sang out whenever I pulled Carrie away (Plus, I liked the nickname "Pip" for "Pipsqueak").

Pip was under-nourished by Carrie's standard, so he gets wet food. You'd think we don't feed our other animals by how they blitz around whenever it's Pip's mealtime!


Here, Carrie dropped a fork and it became the center of attention.


Everyone wanted in on the action (which I watched and photographed at first rather than picking up).


By the end of the week, Piper got playful.


Teaching a kitten that your body parts are toys makes for great pictures, but poor long term decision making. Enjoy the pictures for now. The other shoe will drop later.


I'm still not thrilled we have a fourth cat, it's a he, and he's in my bathroom. The reason I went and got diagnosed for an allergy originally was because Carrie brought home a male cat. He was an awesome, social cat, but my sinuses exploded. One of the allergists first recommendations was not to allow cats in the bedroom. "You spend so much of your time sleeping there, it's better to have it be allergen free."


Pip's not in the bedroom per se, but the bathroom is right there, if you know what I mean. 

Still, it's good to see him coming out of his shell. He loves Carrie and all the rubs. He pushes into her hand and purrs up on a storm.

Pip will outgrow the bathroom one day. Hopefully, he'll integrate well with the rest of the cats then. The dogs, too, for that matter. For now, he's a source of joy for Carrie as she brings him out of her shell and that makes him worth having around to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment