Saturday, June 8, 2013

Family on the Move


Matt and Renee are back in town! Shane and I helped them move back in on Wednesday.

"Help" is a relative term, though.

Shane loved the moving truck. Pop had him running underneath it and squirting it with a water bottle when I arrived. When the ramp came out, Shane ran up and down it at least forty times! The boy has a sky-high energy level! 

I may have thrown him on the mattress you see in the picture, as well. You know, as a fun way to celebrate getting to the top! We stopped that game when Matt mentioned there was a flat-screen TV somewhere underneath.

One of the highlights for me, was how interactive Shane was with everyone else helping Matt and Renee (you didn't think we were that much help, did you?). When Ryan arrived, I told Shane "Pull Ryan to Matt."

Shane did! I was amazed that he A) wanted anything to do with Ryan, B) understood me, and C) did what I asked! That's progress!  I think Shane got attached to Ryan pretty quickly. Ryan is probably the tallest man Shane's ever seen. He pulled a step stool over to hold his hand!


It's nice to see my brother and his wife again. While they're at Nana and Pop's, they're going to be seeing a lot more of Shane! (Maybe too much in some cases! Matt walked up the stairs Friday morning to be greeted by a certain pant-less little boy who was excited to see the basement door opened! ha ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment